SPICAP is designed to be the foundation for a comprehensive sanitary sewer asset management program for buried sewer assets. Observations, defects and severity rating have the ability to:
- Provide constant, consistent results from multiple CCTV operators.
- Inspection observation codes that are easy to learn and use.
- Establish re-inspection schedules to monitor a pipe’s condition over time.
- Develop contractor bid specifications for CCTV work requiring SPICAP in your software application of choice.
- Develop contractor bid specifications for CCTV work requiring Certified SPICAP operators at specific levels to perform your inspection work.
- Develop cleaning and other operation and maintenance (O & M) schedules.
- Estimate or calculate the end of a pipe’s serviceable life.
- Establish Remaining Useful Life (RUL). utilizing MSI
- Establish Capital Improvement Programs (CIP) by calendar year(s).
SPICAP has 38 inspection observation codes, if using the Lidar/Sonar/Laser category, there are an additional 5 observation codes. If purchasing SPICAP – Customized, SOP, asset and inspection information fields are configurable to match your management needs, GIS, and other software applications.
- SPICAP Codes only: receive a spreadsheet list of recommended SPICAP codes.Consider the SPICAP codes as the foundation in which to build your inspection program around to get consistent, reproducible inspection coding!
- SPICAP – PDF: receive a SPICAP PDF that includes SOP for camera inspection instruction and a catalog of detail on asset fields, inspection fields, and recommended observation codes. This 40-60 page PDF defaulted with common industry standards. It has your agency’s branded information, including name, logo and contact details. If the SPICAP codes meets your needs perfectly, this documented adds full detail on how to use the SPICAP codes for performing consistent, reproducible inspections in the field!
- SPICAP – Customized: receive an customized PDF with an SOP for camera inspection instruction and a catalog of detail on asset fields, inspection fields, and recommended observation codes. Via your completion of an online form that customizes the SPICAP system, you’ll receive a 40-60 page PDF defaulted with common industry standards and provided in an online, editable format. It has your agency’s branded information, including name, logo and contact details. As the document is editable via online forms, you can modify or add SOP details, asset fields, inspection fields, observation codes, severity ranking, and other information. If the SPICAP codes meets your needs closely, but you have needs specific to your agency, this editable document gives you a foundation that can be customized to use the “your agency’s SPICAP codes” for performing consistent, reproducible inspections in the field!
- SPICAP Solution: fully customized to mirror your inspection software, defect and observation catalog, severity/rating level, inspection protocol. If you need a system and aren’t sure where to start, our staff will work with you over the phone and via remote control to provide a turn-key SPICAP system!
This page shows the most common questions we get asked in regards to initial setup.
This page shows the most common questions we get asked about SPICAP.